Monday, December 11, 2006

A Perfectionist's Predicament

Okay, so, Josh has been bugging me to write something for this blog and, to be honest, I’ve had lots of “bloggable” moments as of late I just tend to save them as stories to tell people in person- that way they get better every time I tell them. I have trouble with the concept of a blog because I am such a perfectionist when it comes to things that other people will be reading. It’s fine when I say it and it sounds ridiculous but once it’s committed to print, that’s a different story. I place unrealistic expectations on myself, expecting to be an amazing writer that everyone will love even though it’s just a blog for crying out loud! Of course it’s not going to be perfect. I guess there’s just that silly little fear in the back of my mind that someday I’ll be trying to get a job as a writer for “Newyorker” magazine and someone will unearth old blog entries that I haphazardly wrote, thinking no one would mind a few spelling or grammar errors- I would be ruined! I feel the same way about emails and even notes I write in greeting cards. Yeah, so pretty much I’ve got some issues to work through. If you could all bear with me, maybe I can just ease into this whole world of journal entries for public viewing. Oh, and don't worry, I'm not planning on ever working for "Newyorker" magazine- "Mad" magazine maybe, but not "Newyorker."

No comments: