Monday, April 16, 2007

Better Late Then Never (SPD-01)

Last year for St. Patrick's Day (SPD) I began an annual project which I shared with some friends. The following is the email I sent out:
3/17/06
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
I thought I'd share with you guys something kinda unique for this day. Instead of celebrating the life of the man who brought the Gospel to Ireland, I did what any average Joe would do and designed a theme park attraction.
This attraction is not a St. Patrick Day theme, instead it is a tribute to Irish myth and folklore, but it is hosted by Leprechauns. I actually came up with the idea when I was a freshman in College, but I haven't drawn anything for it until now.
I apologize for how rough and crude these drawings are, I made most of them during my breaks at my job within the last day or so.
I have only scratched the surface of designing this attraction. After the "stone room" comes another section that transforms into a motion simulator, and there is even more after that! I might continue drawing all of this, or I may just wait till next year and make this an annual tradition.
Well, thank you for taking your time to read about my crazy ideas, and have a HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!
Back to Present Day: This year I was swamped with personal and professional matters that kept me from getting any more drawings done on time for SPD. About a week ago I got this drawing done during my morning break (I latter painted it in PS). It is my first attempt at designing a Leprechaun. I followed a few descriptions from various folk tales, such as the face and the red vest.Kenfied Trivia: Katie's mother tried to bribe her doctor to ensure a SPD birth, but was unsuccessful and Katie came two days later by way of emergency C-section. I guess mom does know best.

No comments: