Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Prayer Book Illustrations - Josh

I was commissioned to provide 20 illustrations and a cover piece for an updated publication of The Guild of the Living Rosary of Our Lady and Saint Dominic. I was asked to adapt a particular collection of stain glass windows into simplified illustrations.

Fifteen of the drawings were based on the actual windows (two of which are seen above). The following drawings had to be fabricated to match the same style and look.

I was able to design the cover using this photo.


The book is expected to be published toward the end of the fall. My thanks to Canon David Baumann for providing me this opportunity.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

wow Josh! these are very very good. I definitely want to see the book... although since I don't pray the rosary, I'm not sure what I'd do with it ;-D However - it is lovely to see your talent grow in this direction. Betsy

Megan said...

These are great josh! What a fun project, and great job on the cover.

Ryan said...

Those look great! Nice job.

Josh Kenfield said...

Thanks guys!
I don't pray the rosary either, so I never thought I'd ever be drawing something like it, such as a "white" Jesus.

lightyear8 said...

Great job Josh!!

Josh Kenfield said...

Thanks Shane!
As a follow-up from my last comment, I do hope that I treated the material respectfully.

Jason said...

Amazing work!

L said...

What amazing work! Great job! I'd love to get one when the come out.

Josh Kenfield said...

Thank you.

Lani said...

WOW brother this is amazing what you got to do I loved getting to see all of it, how neat and creative you are and always have been , it's just so cool